javascript:void(0)

Monday, June 27, 2011

Monday, Monday . . .

Summer has officially started for us today.  The girls are out of school, and so begins the summer-o-fun!  For the next couple of weeks I'll be juggling kids' activities, work (the kind that I actually get paid for), and CHA projects. 

I have many CHA projects to complete in the next couple of weeks, so I'll have to find a way to speed up my normal SLOW scrapping process that involves dilly-dallying and spending 3-4 nights on one page.  No time for that now!   I'm reminded of the old I Love Lucy episode where Lucy and Ethel get a job at a chocolate factory wrapping chocolates.  Here's a YouTube clip:  I Love Lucy - Candy Wrapping Job.   When the chocolates began coming down the conveyer belt faster than they could wrap them, Lucy and Ethel started stashing the extra chocolates in their aprons, hats, down their shirts and even in their mouths (I like their thinking on that last one!).  When the supervisor came to check on Lucy and Ethel, she mistakenly believed that they were keeping up with the pace, so she yelled to the person at the beginning of the conveyer belt:  "SPEED IT UP A LITTLE!!!!"  So that's what I'll be hearing in my mind while I'm working on CHA projects for the next couple of weeks . . . speeeeeeeeeeeeed it up . . . no time for dilly dallying!   

Here's a canvas I made using gesso, paints, gauze and lots of Prima goodies:


Happy summer to you all!!

6 comments:

Fabi Ormerod said...

Gorgeous dear!!! I love those pictures from your girls at the beach ;)

Beatemor said...

This was beautiful Love the colors and the flowers :-)

Patricia said...

magnifique...

Staci Taylor said...

hey stranger! gorgeous canvas! good luck getting all your CHA stuff done - i know you'll do great! :-)

Carolyn said...

This is beautiful!!! I LOVE it!!!

Mel said...

Wow, another stunning, wow, I wish you luck with the stuff you have to do with CHA coming, your blog is pure eye-candy, I have just sent a link to my friend, she will adore this blog. She is a keen Prima girl. Melx