javascript:void(0)

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Here kitty, kitty . . .

If you haven't had a chance to pick up Creating Keepsakes' new special issue: Scrapbooking with Fabric & Notions, you really should!  There are so many great ideas for using fabric, trim and notions on your scrapbook layouts.  Here's a layout I created for the issue.  I used premade appliques and fabric to create the butterfly accents.  The layout features our sweet kitty, Smokey.  He was a stray cat who walked into our house one day.  We sent him on his way, but he kept coming back . . . and the rest is history (read this blog post for the full story).  The journaling says:  I remember the day in November 2010 when this precious little stray cat walked right into our house like he owned the place.  We immediately named him Smokey.  He soon become a beloved member of our family, and now he pretty much does own the place!

As seen in Creating Keepsakes' Fabric & Notions 2011 special issue.  Copyright Creative Crafts Group.  Published with prior permission from the publisher.  The papers are Studio Calico.

I bought two sizes of butterfly appliques from my local fabric shop, traced them onto fabric multiple times each, cut them out, then layered them to create dimensional fabric accents.  I added hooks & eyes and rhinestones to the center of each butterfly.   Here's a close-up:

I can use the appliques again and again as quick shape cutters, or I can use them "as is" on a future page.

Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

This is soooooo cute!!
What a great layout! Love your designs!
Shir, from Israel

Romy said...

Such a gorgeous layout for your beautiful kitty! I love how you used the negative space!

Blossom inch said...

gorgeous page!

Patricia said...

so cute... adore this page!

Melissa said...

Love the simplicity of this page and all the lovely texture. And what a cute kitty cat to boot!

cvanholstein said...

It is so simple and cute!
Great page and great journaling.
I know exacly what you mean, when the cat OWNS your house! lol
kind regards, Corina

Ann said...

gorgeous layout !!

Cynthia Lloréns said...

Hi sweet and dear friend!!!!
I miss you , but I have been work a lot and my mother in low are very sick and she stay at my home!!!So you can belkieve how the things going!!!
I just love that page ...just a great layout as always!!
You are so perfect .
Have a nice day.
I try to send you a email.
Big huges and kisses.
Have a nice weekend.
With much love.
Cynthia