javascript:void(0)

Thursday, February 2, 2012

I'm back from CHA 2012 . . . what a great show!

I just spent the last few days at CHA 2012, and what a fabulous show it was!  There are so many fantastic new scrapbooking products coming out.  In past years I wasn't always thrilled with the trends I saw (case in point: mustaches and owls), but I love a lot of the new trends I saw this time around.  Some of my favorites:  wood pieces of every kind (buttons, banners, tickets, mini shapes, etc.), twine, all kinds of fun little tags, frames and bits and pieces.  I also noticed a lot of vintage paper lines with beautiful feminine pastel colors like soft teal, blue, green and pink -- my favorite combo!   Decorative tape (aka washi tape) was everywhere.  I haven't quite caught the washi tape bug yet, but maybe I'll give it a try in 2012. 

There are also some new tools I must have.  One of them is Imaginisce's new I-Magicut Ribbon Cutter that cuts ribbon and seals the end in one quick step.  I love the sealing feature!  I'm always adding a tiny line of Stickles or glue to the ends of my ribbon to keep them from fraying, but that can get messy.  This tool solves the problem!   The other thing on my "must have" list are Martha Stewart's new Silicone molds.  I like the idea of being able to make my own frames, flourishes, and more.

But of course, the creme de la creme of the show was the Prima booth.  OH ME, OH MY!!!  As I mentioned in my last post, Prima has so many beautiful new products coming out.  And the design team projects were jaw-droppingly gorgeous!  I feel honored and humbled to be part of that amazingly talented group of women.  I know Prima will be posting pictures of their CHA booth on the Prima blog soon, so be sure and take a little look-see.

Here is a layout I created using the adorable new Yuki collection:


I popped up the center photo/paper/flower square with multiple layers of pop dots, then I framed it with mounds of soft gauze that I partially colored with blue spray ink to mimic the look of the ocean water. 

If you're a scrapper, you've probably seen pictures of all the new 2012 CHA products from the various manufacturers.  What are your favorites?  Please leave a comment and tell me!

13 comments:

Melinda said...

Oh wow! Stunning and gorgeous layout!

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous layout design!!! Love all the details!! Perfect design for the picture!!

Crie Artezzanato said...

So Beautiful, Stacy!!!


Val
ww.crieartezzanato.blogspot.com


Hugs from Brazil

Romy said...

Wow, such a gorgeous layout! Good to hear you had an amazing time at CHA! I really hope I'll be able to go there some day too:) There have been released so many gorgeous releases this winter CHA. My favourite collections are the ones from Bo Bunny, Prima, Pink Paislee, Glitz and Webster's. Ooch, my creditcard is not going to like this though;)

cvanholstein said...

Welcome back from the CHA!
And a great page, it so fits the picture!
Love the ocean water around it, so creative!
ps: I'm working on the potatoes! LOL
xxx, C

Unknown said...

You are amazing. Your work is so beautiful to look at. I wish I could have gone to cha. Do you go for a business reason or for fun?

Jona Panesa said...

lovely page!!!

Unknown said...

I am glad to hear I was not the only one who was not that crazy about some of the past products like the mustaches. I have been watching the videos of the Winter 2012 CHA and am so excited about all the new product lines. Besides Prima and so many of the new scrapbook paper lines, I am eagerly awaiting the new TH Distress Pens as well as the E.K. Success stamping system.

Alyssa said...

What? You were there and I didn't get to meet you? bummer! Glad you had a good time. :)

Patricia said...

one word : magnifique.

Elisabeth Helland said...

this layout design is really stunning.... really bautiful! thanks for sharing

Scrappin' Siggy said...

gorgeous

Scrappin' Siggy said...

gorgeous