javascript:void(0)

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Colorful Creations Guest DT work + pics of New York

I had the pleasure of being a guest designer for Colorful Creations a few weeks ago.   I was given a beautiful sketch to use.  Here is the layout I created based on the sketch:


On a non-scrapbooking note, I just got back from a very fun filled trip to New York.  My mom, my girls and I went to visit my brother who just moved into his new place in Greenwich Village.  We hit a lot of the New York City tourist spots like Central Park, 5th Avenue, the Natural History Museum, Time Square, China Town, Little Italy, etc., and I took a lot of pictures. 

The first day we decided to take a double decker bus tour around Downtown Manhattan. It was a great way to take in the sights of the city.


All was well and good until it started raining.  Fortunately, our tour guide handed out these stylish little rain ponchos.  We all got quite a laugh out of it.  Here's Danielle and my mom:

They look like little ghosts, don't they?

This is me with my brother.  No, I'm not super short . . . he's just super tall.

We took a stroll through Central Park:
 
Some of the best views we saw of the city were from my brother's deck.


The city lights:

I took this picture with my cell phone and accidentally got a lot of camera shake. Cool effect, huh?


It was a great trip!!

6 comments:

krcmasterpiece said...

Have never been to NY-love seeing the photos! Looks like everyone had a blast.
What a overlook your brother has!! AWESOME

Your layout is beautiful. You are very talented at paper crafting & I love following your blog.

hilde janbroers said...

great pics!!!

Romy said...

Such an amazing layout! It looks so beautiful and feminine and I like your flower arranging.

I loved seeing your NY photos too. It just makes me want to go back there soon.

Unknown said...

isn't ny awesome? wouldnt mind being on that deck too !

cvanholstein said...

Wow, your brother has a magnificent view! Great pics of the Big Apple an above all: your layout is sweet! Love the picture of your girls, great combo with the Prima Fairy! :)
xxx, C

karolin43 said...

Hi Stacey
My name is Shosh and I'm from Israel
i Follow your blog and your work long time
And just do not have a words
Amazing works, the ideas of things you do are stunning
And I follow you much pleasure and bow to you and to your work
Good luck to your brother comes
And wish you only happiness and love and a good life
Shoshi